Shawl Club KAL: Winter Berries
Date(s) - Sat, October 1, 2016
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Over The Rainbow Yarn
Welcome to shawl club!
Shawl club is a 6-month knit-along series at Over the Rainbow Yarn. We’ve chosen one pattern for each month, and we’ll get together once a month (two session options available – both Sunday and Tuesday in the same week) to knit the same pattern at the same time. We’ll be able to discuss the pattern, knit and troubleshoot together. We’ll offer suggested yarns for each shawl, but you may knit in any yarn of the appropriate gauge.
This month, we’ll be knitting the Winter Berries shawl, designed by Marjorie Dussaud. Winter Berries requires 400 yards of worsted-weight yarn, and uses size US 8 knitting needles. Its finished measurements will be around 65 inches long 14 inches wide.You’ll want to begin with a shorter needle (12-24″) and end with a long (40″ or more) circular needle.
You can purchase the pattern for $5.50 via Ravelry or here at the shop!
From the designer:
This scarf is worked sideways from one point to the other, with increases on one side to create a crescent shape. The ruffles are then picked up after the body of the scarf is done and worked lengthwise. The result is a feminine and warm scarf, perfect to wrap around your neck on a windy day!
- Saturday, October 1, 2016 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:30-7:30pm
- Saturday, November 5, 2016 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, November 8, 2016 5:30-7:30pm
- Saturday, December 3, 2016 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016 5:30-7:30pm
- Saturday, January 7, 2017 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:30-7:30pm
- Saturday, February 4, 2017 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:30-7:30pm
- Saturday, March 4, 2017 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:30-7:30pm
Bookings are closed for this event.