Date(s) - Sat, November 26, 2016
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Over The Rainbow Yarn
You’ve done all the knitting; now what? This class will cover everything you do after you bind off. Washing, wet blocking, steam or mist blocking, seaming, and simple alterations, we’ll touch all the bases. With some simple care, your finishing can make your knitwear look polished and professional.
This class corresponds with the end of our NaKniSweMo sweater workshop, but the finishing techniques we’ll cover are relevant to all knitters for all kinds of knitting projects.
In this class, we’ll cover:
- Weaving in ends, including duplicate stitch
- Horizontal and vertical seaming, including mattress stitch
- An overview of how what you do at the beginning affects the end result
- Swatches or pieces to wash, block and seam
- Tapestry needle
- Blocking board (provided)
- Blocking wires (provided)
- T-pins (provided)
Remember that if you register online, you are reserving your seat. You can pay your fee when you come to class.
Bookings are closed for this event.