Building Blocks:Block #1, Knit and Purl, and Block #2, Charts
Date(s) - Sat, January 23, 2016
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Over The Rainbow Yarn
Want to learn how to knit? We have the best series of beginner knitting classes. Using Michele Hunter’s book, Building Blocks, well cover everything from the simplest most basic knit and purl stitches to more complex textures.
In Our first class, we’ll cover the following:
• The properties of various yarns and how to choose the yarn you want for your squares
• How to choose needles appropriate for your yarn
• How to tell a knit from a purl
• Stitch mount
• How to avoid accidental yarn overs or short rows
• Pattern reading
• Chart reading
• How to read your knitting
Other topics will probably come up, and we’ll answer questions as they arise.
If you have never knit before, please arrive a half hour early so we can establish the basic skills of casting on and forming the knit and purl stitches.
For more complete information about the entire series, look here.
We’re really looking forward to seeing you
how to knit, beginner knitting classes Mid-coast Maine, knitting building blocks
Bookings are closed for this event.