Welcome to Drop-In Class!
Our drop-in classes are scheduled times when a skilled staff member will be available to help you with any knitting or crochet-related questions. There’s no scheduled subject matter. You might call these classes our “help hours”. Any number of students may show up, so this isn’t guaranteed one-on-one time, but we will give you as much individual attention as possible or as needed for two full hours. We intentionally schedule drop-in classes on the same evenings as Stitch ‘N’ Spin circles so that you may stay and knit/crochet with us for as long as you like afterward.
Cost: $15 for Two Hours
Here’s a list of examples of the types of questions we can help you with during a drop-in class:
- I’ve never knit before. How do I get started?
- What’s the difference between a single crochet and a double crochet?
- I’m working on this sweater but I’m stuck on row #10 in my pattern.
- How do I make a gauge swatch?
- How do I follow a knitting or crocheting chart?
- I want to learn how to do lace/cables/increases/decreases/granny squares/etc.
- What should I consider when selecting a yarn for my next project?
- I think my pattern is wrong. Will you help me figure it out?
- How do I read a pattern?
- How do I knit in the round?
- How do I sew my sweater segments together?
We offer scheduled Drop-In Classes twice each week:
We’re also happy to schedule one-on-one 15-Minute Mini Lessons with you any time (cost: $15). Most of the time, we can work with you immediately whenever you show up.